Too many times we cry out to God in desperation because our circumstances are so beyond our capability, we need a miracle and we need it fast or otherwise we will be overcome with the circumstances. Only in those moments we then believe that ALL things are possible with God. However, have we looked at our own life and wondered why we do not witness? Have we wondered why we get so agitated with people who just cannot seem to get their "life together?" How about the coworker or spouse who you feel as though is not pulling their own weight and causing you do to "all the work?" Do we look at our spouse and get "agitated and irritated" with them when they need something and think they are the problem and not us? Do we look at the sin in our life and believe that it is impossible to be delivered from it? We often settle for less because we just view life as that it is the way things are going to be instead of realizing that ALL things are possible to them that believe.
The foundation verse for this message was Luke 18: 27 And he said, The things which are impossible with men are possible with God. Jesus said this to his disciples after they asked him the question "Who then can be saved?" Do you need saving today from the impossible in your life? If so, you need to believe God for the impossible situation in your life to change. Freedom is our portion as a Christian but we have settled for the less than that in so many areas of our life. Evangelism and witnessing is one of the biggest areas of impossible thinking impacting Christians. They believe they cannot do it therefore have no heart for it. We believe it is impossible to have Godly love towards others. We believe our prayers do not work and it is impossible to disciple others. People believe they will alawys be addicted to drugs or struggling with mental health, and so on. The list never ends until God gets involved. Once God gets involved and we start believing Him, we will experience freedom from our impossible. The world needs to see Christians delivered from their own impossible(s) to believe that God can do the impossible in their life.
Questions to answer from this message:
1) What does come and follow me mean to you know after you heard this message?
2) How did this message change your view of your harvest field? Did you receive your authority yet? What will you give to your harvest field? Hint: Read Proverbs 29:18
3) The meaning of impossible in Luke 18:27 is "without strength, impotent, powerless, and disabled." What areas of your life did you find impossible through this message?
4) The meaning of possible in Luke 18:27 is "to bear calamities and trials with fortitude and patience." How did this message help you receive your possible from your impossible?
5) Where do we need to be seated to bear the calamities and trials with fortitude and patience for someone else other than ourselves? How do you plan on doing it.
6) What was your aha moment from this message....
Being His Ambassador,
Rev. Ryan Welker