Every relationship has boundaries and we define relationships based upon our emotions towards that individual and how they reciprocate back. Through this message God really wanted us to examine our relationship with Him. Is it a 3 fold cord that is not quickly broken, Ecclesiastes 4:9-12, that God has brought out the past couple of messages? One thing that I thought was interesting is that God never said it cannot be broken but could not be quickly broken. As Pastor Aaron pointed out last week, this 3 fold cord consists of YOU, the Word, and His Spirit. The only one who will cause this 3 fold cord to be broken is if we let go and lose our purpose with our relationship with God. A relationship without a purpose will fail.
The real purpose of our relationship is to go into ALL the world and find the lost sheep. Jesus prayed for our 3 fold cord in the Garden of Gethsemane for for us to become ONE with the Father for the soul purpose that the WORLD may believe, that God sent Jesus, to die and save them. When we are at ONE with the Father, he promises to reveal to us, 1 Corinthians 2:9-16 and 1 Peter 4:7-11, what to say to the lost sheep so they have another opportunity to come back to him. We need to be able to hear God's voice from the throne room to turn the heart(s) of the lost sheep to hear His voice through us. This is our soul purpose of our relationship with Him. People need to have an encounter with God wherever your feet take you. It is time for our relationship to be purposeful that ALL we want is for us know God's voice well enough to share what He is saying and doing with that person at that moment for them TO KNOW Him.
Questions to discuss:
1) How are you going to keep your 3 fold cord with God from quickly being broken?
2) What is the difference between a word born of the flesh and a word born of the spirit?
3) What caused Jesus to have so much joy inside of Him as He prayed in for you in the Garden?
4) As you become ONE with the Father as Jesus prayed, what will be a direct result of that 3 fold cord being produced in your life?
5) What will we now KNOW since we have the Spirit of God, according to 1 Corinthians 2:10-12 and 1 Peter 4:7-11? Whose it for?
6) What was an AHA moment for you from this message...
Being His Ambassador,
Rev. Ryan Welker