The Power to Be a Witness or the Need to See a witness was revealed this weekend at Pentecost. God's original plan for the Hebrew people and Christians were and are still for them to become a Kingdom of Priests, a holy nation, a witness unto Him according to Exodus 19:5-6 and Acts 1:8
5 Now therefore, if ye will obey my voice indeed, and keep my covenant, then ye shall be a peculiar treasure unto me above all people: for all the earth is mine:
6 And ye shall be unto me a kingdom of priests, and an holy nation. These are the words which thou shalt speak unto the children of Israel.
The only way that we are going to BE HIS witness is if He delegates His authority to us by giving us His spirit.
Acts 1:8 But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem (your city/harvest field), and in all Judaea (State), and in Samaria (Country), and unto the uttermost part of the earth (World).
Without His delegated authority, we are false witnesses and are unauthorized to use His power which is why we have not harvested the souls in our harvest field. We have come to know a voice that is not God's. God introduced Himself to us this weekend just like He did in the upper room and on Mt. Sinai. Some were afraid, some wanted to stay, and others heard His voice and are now going out and noising abroad what God is sharing with them in their harvest field. When we do that people's hearts will be pricked, Acts 2:37, and ask "What shall we do?" now that they have finally been introduced to this REAL, ALIVE, LOVING UNKNOWN GOD, named Yehovah.
The time is now for us to be a witness and be filled with His spirit instead of us needing to others be a witness and a demonstration of who God is to the world!!!!!!!
Questions to answer
1) Up to this weekend, have you been a priest to anyone outside of the four walls of the church? What kept you from being a priest?
2) What is the difference between a saved witness and a dammed witness?
3) Why is having the delegated authority of God so important for us to be a kingdom of Priests and a witness unto Him? Have you had it?
4) What is the delegated authority of God and how do we get it?
5) When does Spiritual authority stop? Where did yours stop?
6) When did the Apostle Paul start being used? When will you start being used?
7) What LIFE altering revelations were revealed to you from Yehovah, the Unknown God, this weekend that is becoming life in your life today to make you become a witness?
Being His Witness,
Rev. Ryan Welker